CBD for Cancer and Related Treatment: Everything You Should Know
Cancer is a serious health condition that has no cure. Patients are usually taken through rigorous chemotherapy, radiation, and sometimes surgical procedures. The effects of cancer as those of treatment can be massive for a person to handle. However, CBD has emerged as one of the best sources of alternative medicines for cancer. It helps to reduce the symptoms of this disease as well as the harsh effects of its treatment.
CBD and CBD Products Breakdown
Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the many cannabinoids from in hemp plants. This substance is quickly gaining popularity worldwide thanks to its beneficial properties. Its versatility is enhanced by its availability in many forms. Common CBD products include:
- Vape Oil: they are normally used with vape pens. Vape oils are usually inhaled and they provide the fastest way of experiencing CBD effects. The compounds will get directly absorbed into the bloodstream via the lung lining. The fast-acting mode of delivery is great for treating anxiety.
- Edibles: they provide a portable and affordable way of using CBD oil. These edibles are suitable for treating chronic pain including those related to cancer treatment. They provide the body with long-lasting effects. Common CBD edibles include candies, gummies, cookies, and chocolate bars.
- Topical creams and lotions: they provide a localized or strategized way of using CBD products. The natural cbd oil is usually in the form of creams. It should be noted that they are effective in treating sore or painful muscles and joints. You can also use these topical products to treat various skin complications.
- Oils and Tinctures: they also provide a faster way of experiencing the benefits of CBD hemp oil. Tinctures are usually used sublingually. You need to place a few oil drops of CBD under the tongue. Wait for a few minutes before you can swallow or spit it.
CBD as a Form of Therapeutic Treatment
CBD Oils contain anti-inflammatories. They help to soothe the body and providing a relaxing effect. Natural CBD oil is known to provide therapeutic effects. The chemical compound indirectly interacts with CB2 receptors. It may interfere with the body’s response to pain. Additionally, organic CBD oil provides widespread pain relief by reducing inflammation. The eventual effect of all these is reduced severity of pain and a relaxing feeling.
CBD for Cancer and Cancer Researches
Over the past few years, there have been lots of interest in cannabinoids. Studies show that CBD can have a significant effect on cancer and related treatment. According to scientists, this organic compound can:
- Stop the cancer cells from dividing.
- Cause the cancer cells to die.
- Stop the cancer cells from developing new blood vessels.
Besides those, various cancer research have found that CBD can damage important blood vessels. This is highly dangerous and it can negatively impact your overall health. Overall, there is a need for more studies and clinical trials. This is what will help scientists determine the full effects of CBD for cancer treatment.
Can CBD Really Treat Cancer Cases?
Multiple evidence suggest that CBD can be an effective complementary therapy for cancer treatment.
The natural substance has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, and anti-emetic properties.
- Anti-tumor properties: research shows that taking CBD along other cannabinoids can slow down the growth of cancer cells. In some instances, it may even kill those cells. It should be noted that a combination of CBD and THC has highly proved to be effective in controlling the spread of cancer cells.
- Anti-inflammatory: organic CBD products contain this property. It’s crucial in minimizing inflammation and swelling. CBD cream for pain has proved to be an effective analgesic. You can use it to ease joint and muscle pain. Besides that, you can use hemp oil drops to ease the painful effects of chemotherapy.
- Anti-emetic: nausea and vomiting are common side effects of chemotherapy. Anti-emetic properties help to reduce their effects. It provides an anti-nausea effect which is vital for improved health.
Overall, CBD is an effective complementary treatment for cancer. It should be noted that cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation can produce many side effects. A patient may end up suffering from nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite. All these eventually result in weight loss.
This organic compound helps to ease neuropathic pain, minimize the chances of nausea, and improving appetite. Additionally, it also has anti-anxiety properties which provide patients with a calming effect.
Side Effects Using Cannabidiol
Although pure natural CBD oil has a good safety profile, it can still cause some side effects. Some people have a good level of tolerance while others may not. So, if you are pure CBD oil for sale, possible side effects you should expect include:
- Changes in appetite.
- Changes in weight i.e. weight gain or weight loss.
- Tiredness of fatigue.
Note: Experts do not recommend the use of CBD oil in children. The only FDA-approved drug for children is epidiolex. This drug is normally used to treat Dravet syndrome, a rare form of epilepsy. Even so, only children age two years or more are allowed to use it.
The Bottom Line
CBD has many properties which make it effective in managing cancer-related symptoms. It can reduce pain, improve appetite, and reduce the chance of vomiting/nausea. Overall, it’s an effective remedy with a good safety profile. However, it’s still early to make claims about the effectiveness of CBD in treating cancer. There is definitely more need for research.