What’s Really in Your Mineral Based Skincare?
Minerals are defined as naturally occurring, inorganic, solid chemical compounds from the earth, and there are approximately 4,000, each with its own set of physical properties. People use products with minerals every day for many different uses, but skincare is one of the most common ways to receive the benefits of these ingredients. Here’s a look at some of the most common minerals found in skincare products today:
- Copper: Improves skin regeneration, wound healing, and collagen production. It also provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Gold: Increases skin’s elasticity, prevents premature aging, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Iron: Speeds up wound healing, fights hair loss, prevents premature aging, and strengthens nails.
- Magnesium: Reduces acne, calms skin, and prevents hair loss.
- Mica: Gives skin a luminous glow.
- Phosphorous: Aids in cell regeneration and protection.
- Platinum: Fights the aging process by plumping skin and smoothing fine lines.
- Selenium: Neutralizes free radicals, protects skin elasticity, and slows down the aging process.
- Silica: Regenerates the skin, strengthens hair, regulates blood circulation, and softens skin.
- Silver: Treats acne conditions and soothes inflammation with its anti-microbial and antibacterial properties.
- Sodium: Fights the aging process and detoxifies the skin.
- Sulfur: Detoxifies and purifies the skin while stimulating cell rejuvenation. It also prevents breakouts, kills bacteria, and eliminates impurities from the skin.
- Titanium Dioxide: Protects against UV rays.
- Zinc: Reduces acne and inflammation and controls oil production. It also promotes healing and provides natural UV blockers.